Saturday, April 30, 2011

What a day!

 This morning started as my alarm went off, set on a daily alarm for the same time I had to be up yesterday. I quickly dismissed it and rolled over to go back to sleep. Sadly, it woke Michael up. I got him a bottle and he drank it quietly for a little while, but after that he was ready to get up. So, I got out of bed and Michael and I went into the living room while Mike slept in on his last day off for a week.

 I finished reading my book Belly Laughs, while Michael played. Michael climbed up into a chair that we have in the living room and was dancing on it. He completely ignored my instructions to get down and that he wasn't allowed up there. When he almost tipped it over while he was on it I got up and gave him a swift pat to the bum telling him, "No." Sadly, giving Michael "spankings" is the only way I have been able to actually get across the word no, otherwise he thinks it is a grand game and will laugh. I will tell him no, I will explain why, I will even try to remove him from the situation and continue from there, but there are some things that are just too great to be forgotten and dancing on the chair almost tipping it over is one of them. I didn't spank him hard enough to hurt, but he didn't like that I did it and fussed. I removed him from the chair while sternly letting him know he could have hurt himself very badly. Apparently Mike had woke up not long before that and came out to see why Michael was upset. He came and gave Michael lots of cuddles and play time.

 After a good while, I decided I was interested in some adult play time, and luckily for me, it was about Michael's first nap time. So, I got him a fresh bottle and plopped him in his crib where he gladly laid down. It was great to have some Mike and Ash time, as that very rarely happens. We even took a nice relaxing shower, because Michael was sound asleep.

  At some point today I went to check the time on Mike's cell phone which was near the kitchen and saw a text message from Eric. I started to read it so I could tell Mike what it said, but it started out saying that he  was going to be a father of a... so I ran the phone over to Mike and told him he had a message! He asked what it said, and I told him to read it. I read it when he opened it too. Bry and Eric are having a little girl! (Not that anyone believed it would be a boy! ;P  )

  Mike had planed on working on his 3D modeling all day today and sat down at his computer to start working. He booted his computer just to find that it wouldn't boot. His fans weren't working, and he could get the computer going, but it would be a very bad idea to do so without his fans, so we went to Radio Shack. He picked up two fans while Michael and I stayed in the car. I had drove him there, but while waiting I realized I felt really really bad, so I got out and waited in the passenger seat. He came out and saw me there, so he got in the drivers seat. I told him I didn't feel good and he understood. We started home and I told him I really wasn't doing good. He asked if I need him to pull over to get some fast food in me. I told him no, but then I really took a turn for the worse. I started to tell him that he should go to a fast food restaurant, but changed my mind. I said, "You need to pull over!" Mind you there was a lane full of cars between us and the curbside. Mike put the blinker on, and finally cut someone off (He said he would have been pissed if he was in the car behind us) and pulled over to the curb. I opened the door and immediately spewed all over the grass. I heaved and coughed and had a horrible little time.  Some man passed by on the sidewalk and I guess gave Mike quite a look. I mean can you imagine?

 Here I am, on my hands and knees over the side of the curb puking into the grass. My door is wide open because I barely made it out of the car, and Mike is in the bike lane with the car still running with his blinker/hazards on. I really don't know what he had on. It was around 3pm I believe. Either this man was wondering what the hell Mike gave me, or why on Earth he had let me drink so much at such an early time. Either way I'm sure he thought Mike was very irresponsible. Thank goodness Mike was driving though because I don't know what I would have done! Also, if he hadn't of cut that person off I would have lost it all over myself and my car. Eew.  After I got up, I told Mike that we needed to stop somewhere to get something. He asked where and I decided on KFC. Their mashed potatoes and gravy sounded wonderful. A crazy (legal) U-turn later and we were there. The Sierra Mist helped out a bit and the mashed potatoes and gravy were wonderful. Finally we were once again on our way home.

 We got home and I went into the bedroom to nap, while Michael once again napped in his crib while Mike installed his new fans. Not long after I had been laying down Mike called out to me to tell me his computer was broken. It was physically broken. That got me out of bed. I came into the computer room to see what was wrong and he showed me where he had accidentally pulled on a snagged wire that broke a piece of his hard drive. He was devastated. All of his work was on this hard drive and he couldn't get his computer to turn on and read it. I looked up hard drives online and offered to order one for him. He said he'd rather drive to Fry's because if we ordered it it wouldn't be here until next week. He managed to rig his hard drive up long enough that it would work for him to back up his files onto my external hard drive and we were off to Fry's. Poor Michael wasn't done with his nap and he napped the whole way there. It was cute when we got there though, because as soon as Mike started getting him out of the car he woke up ready to go, curious as ever. He immediately started pointing and asking "What's that?" "What is that?" about everything. It was like he had never even been asleep.

 We went in and looked at the hard drives and found the one we had wanted, but it was an opened item, so we had to look around some more. We finally found one we agreed on for him and were about to go, when I decided I wanted to look at carpet cleaners. We had got our vacuum cleaner here last time, and now we needed a carpet cleaner. Our once fairly new beige/tan carpet in our living room was horrifically dirty. We have stains form where Michael has rubbed a piece of banana into the carpet before we could get to it and who knows what else this little boy has got into the carpet, but it was a mess. Oh, he also likes to paint with his bottle, which I assume takes some of the blame. He'll hold his bottle upside down and let it drip. If there is enough milk on the floor for him to see, he will then play connect the milk dots with the nipple of his bottle. If I catch him in time I stop him by getting him onto a new game, or sometimes a simple stern "No" will do as well. Anyway, we bought a carpet cleaner and I spent much more money today than I was ever going to (I wasn't going to leave the house today so I wasn't going to spend anything), but it was well worth it. Still standing next to the carpet cleaners I started to feel bad again so I told Mike we needed to go. We bought our items and went out to the car. I let Mike know he was driving home (his first long trip on the freeway where he got to drive) because I felt horrible. What a life saver it is having Mike drive!

 We got home, ate a little and hung out. I don't really remember what we did exactly but it was just hanging out. (TV, playing with Michael, computers you know.) Mike's computer wasn't finished backing up yet either. He ended up cleaning a small portion of our carpet and what a difference it has made! The water in the cleaner was black and disgusting. It will take a good while to clean the whole living room and we will have to fight some tough stains as well, but I am glad we got this. We need it.

Oh, I also had a headache almost the whole day and just recently took Tylenol for it after Mike got after me for not taking anything yet. My head is finally starting to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment