Thursday, April 28, 2011

One day out and One day in

 April 27-28, 2011

 Yesterday, after taking Mikey to work at 12:45pm I decided to go out to eat at Coco's. I have a lot of little meals that I can make at home, but no fruit or salad at the moment. My stomach felt really off and I didn't want something warm, I wanted something fresh. Thus when I got to the restaurant I ordered my favorite Asian Chicken Salad.

 Now, I'm still kind of sick and yesterday I could not breathe through my nose the majority of the day. Sometimes I'd get so backed up that I felt like I was suffocating when I swallowed. Needless to say, I couldn't smell my salad, nor could I taste it. I was so disappointed that I couldn't taste it. At least Michael was eating his side of fruit happily. I had ordered him a grilled cheese, and he ate a couple bites of it, but mostly just enjoyed his watermelon/honeydew/cantaloupe side plate. The salad though, did nothing for my unhappy stomach. I ended up only eating half of it and Michael barely touched his sandwich. The waitress asked if I wanted any boxes and was surprised when I said no. She wished me well and I left.

 As I was putting Michael into his car seat I got a text message from Bry asking what I was doing. We ended up deciding to meet at the mall after her shower. While I waited  I looked around for some Mother's Day gifts, but didn't find anything that I really liked. Once she got there we walked around and looked in some stores. I had bought Michael a hat, and I also bought my blush to complete my make-up for my wedding.

 After wandering for a while, we went to the food court and got some sodas, and I got Michael a cookie to snack on. Michael didn't want anything to do with the cookie and kept throwing any piece of cookie we handed to him. He was really fussy and wanted out of the stroller as well. I got up and washed his bottle off (which he had dropped earlier) and brought that back, but he threw that as well. So, I got up and bought him a yogurt from Subway. Walking back, I found a highchair. We stuck him in the highchair and he ate almost all of the yogurt. He was much happier after that as well.

 Eric asked Bry to bring him some leftover spaghetti that they had, so Bry and I both drove to her house, and I drove her to Radio Shack to take Erick his food. She went in and Michael and I stayed in the car because he had fallen asleep. I told her to say hi to Mike for me. Suddenly Mike surprised me at my window, he had come out to say hi to me. I got a couple of kisses before he had to go back in. When Bry came back we went to Trader Joes.

 I bought Michael some Whole Milk and I bought myself some strawberries, and Bry picked up some chicken. Then we went back to my place and hung out. I hadn't planned on going anywhere at all after dropping Mikey off at work so I had left on the AC. I'm so glad I did because it was so hot outside, and so nice inside. Michael ran around the living room while we talked. I still have my cough, and I coughed up some phlegm. That was all my body needed to be grossed out. I bolted to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before I worshiped it in the darkness of the bathroom with the door open.

 I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich just to put something back in my stomach, and Michael ate half a jelly sandwich too. I tried to put Michael down for a nap, but that didn't happen and Bry and I had already moved to the computer room so I brought him in there with us. I uploaded pictures from my camera finally, then we decided we needed to take belly pictures. I took Brys, and then she took mine.

 Bry has a really cute baby belly right now. She's 20 weeks pregnant (and finds out the gender on Saturday!! :happy squeal for her:) and just too cute. My belly though, is really just jiggly fat. Seriously, it is. I've got this nice little muffin top going on, and my black tank top that I put on for the picture showed it off nicely. Now while Mike and I have begun noticing the difference in my body taking place, I don't believe any one else can yet. Anyways, these are my 11 week 1 day pregnant pictures:

  See my muffin top? Ugh how gross. I've lost 7 lbs too! Below is a cuter picture at least.


We posted our pictures to Facebook, and then Bry's phone started going crazy with all the responses she was getting. I let her back on my computer so she could keep up with all the responses. I later hopped on Mikey's computer so we were both on one. Then we had to go pick up the boys. I found out Bry hadn't eaten since 10 this morning and I was starving. Always happy to hang out with friends I told her and Eric that I was taking them to Alberto's with us. Apparently Mikey had already eaten at work, but the three of us ate. Although Bry didn't feel good halfway through. I took them home, and then Mikey and I came home. I put Michael to bed because he hadn't really napped all day and he was exhausted. Mike had already made plans to play video games with Rob so I hopped on the computer and watched The Biggest Loser before we headed to bed.


 Today has been pretty uneventful. Took Mikey to work at the same time and then came straight home to my air conditioned  apartment. Michael and I watched some cartoons, read some books, ate some food and now he's napping while I watched the latest Biggest Loser episode and now I type this.  I'm still stuffed up and still coughing, but I feel a lot better today than I have been feeling.

  I also made my appointment for my Glucose Tolerance Test which will be tomorrow morning at 9:40 am. I am so not looking forward to that, let me tell you. I had two GTTs last pregnancy. With the GTT test you have to drink a small water bottle of this nasty liquid that tastes like a very very flat and thick soda. The first one I had was a fruit punch flavor, which I managed to get down. The second time I had it, it was lemon-lime flavor and I almost lost it several times while drinking it. You have to drink it in under 5 minutes, then wait an hour and then get your blood drawn. This is to make sure that you don't have gestational diabetes. I did not have GD last pregnancy and I certainly hope that I don't this time either. I am just absolutely dreading the GTT and I have a small hope that maybe they will have the fruit punch flavor. I'm even going to ask them if they do. I would hate to lose it all and then have to re-drink the nasty stuff. :shudders: Yuck. I've also heard that there is an orange flavored one, so I might even be willing to try that over the lemon-lime one if I can. My luck I'll have to drink the lemon-lime one. Enough rambling on this, I'm just making it worse for myself I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment