Monday, April 25, 2011

Michael's First Birthday!

April 22, 2011

 Lori and Missy arrived the night of April 14 late as their flight had been delayed. When they got here we went to T.G.I. Fridays and had a late birthday dinner for Michael. They brought him ice cream and we sang to him, since they don't sing there. It was too late for him to really enjoy anything though.

 The next day, Missy and I went shopping at the mall while Mike worked and Lori got to watch Michael. I wasn't feeling all that hot, but I did my best not to let it show. We went to Torrid and got Missy a really cute bathing suit. It was very hard not to tell Missy I was pregnant. We ended up going swimming the next day I believe (Saturday) and had quite a bit of fun. Lori and Missy loved my bathing suit and asked where I got it. I told them Macy's, which wasn't true, I had bought it at Motherhood Maternity. Michael had a great time swimming and we even ended up in the hot tub for a little bit. That was nice because it was just warm and not hot. I knew if I started to get warm though I needed to get out. After we got out, I sat with Lori with my feet in the pool, while Mike and Michael chilled at a table and Missy lounged in a chair.

 On April 17th, I had recruited Eric and Bry to come by the house early to help us take stuff to the party. They arrived at 10 am and we packed up (Mike and Eric packed up) the cars. We arrived at the park and proceeded to unload everything at a nice big covered picnic area. As I looked around I realized we were at the big area and I had reserved the smaller area so we had to move the stuff over. Luckily I told the guys before they had finished moving the coolers. We got everything moved, and then my parents showed up. The guys had everything already moved and we didn't really need to get there as early as we had. I thought set up was going to take a lot more time.

 So I told Mom and Lori that I had something for them and handed them their little heart boxes from Brighton and let them open them. Once they were opened, I told them I'd be adding more charms in November. They nodded and exclaimed how pretty the charm bracelet was. Then I said that it would be a November birthstone, still no real response so I said, "I'm pregnant!" I got big smiles then and lots of excitement. I was glad to finally tell them!

 Michael's first birthday was amazing, we all had so much fun! He ran around the park all day and got pretty sun burned which I felt horrible about, but with everything that we had been doing the sun block got left on our kitchen counter. Everyone got to chase Michael around at some point, and I think everyone had fun doing it too. Mom took Michael over by the little lake and they feed some ducks, Michael took some of the bread for himself too, it was pretty cute.

 As everyone started to arrive, Mike and Eric got the grill set up and going. They made hamburgers and hotdogs, both veggie and real and they also made some brawtworst. It was a hit, but I wasn't able to eat but half of my burger.

 After we ate we opened presents, but Michael was getting tired and fussy. We finished and then had cake. Michael got to get into his little cake first before we cut the big awesome dinosaur cake that Mikey made. When we handed Michael the cake we were going to sing happy birthday (it was too windy to even light the candle) but he got into it before we sang, so we all started singing. A couple of times he took bites straight out of the cake it was so cute! He also feed his new Rex toy from Toy Story some cake. This Rex toy "roars" when you squeeze it and his mouth opens, and Michael loved that he could feed him.

 After that Michael got put in his stroller with a bottle and everyone had cake. The party was pretty much over then. It was a great first birthday! I wasn't feeling all that hot, but it wasn't that bad either which was nice.

Before Lori left for home (Missy went home the night of Michael's birthday) We all went to the little museum nearby. It was fun. We went to the gift shop and they had stuffed animal birds that had their real bird calls when you squeeze them. So I squeezed them until I found one that made Michael smile. It was a Wood Duck. He would pick a duck out of all the birds, he is his Daddy/Grandpa's boy and duck hunting partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment