Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A License to Wed

 Today I grudgingly got out of bed to entertain Michael who was awake at 7 this morning. I gave him a bottle and toys and went back to bed then. We have surveillance cameras in our living room and our computer/baby room and I had the t.v. on in our room in case Michael needed something so I could check on him from my bed. The bottle and toys worked for a little bit before he was unhappy about being awake and alone in his room. It was his first night alone in a long time, and his first night in his new crib. Which, with a pillow and soft comfy Toy Story blanket makes it look like a big boy bed. It's hard seeing him so grown up! Anyway, I was back up at 9 and I gave him his toys back that he had thrown out of the crib and then, I laid back down because my eyes were so heavy I could hardly keep them open.

 I don't really take naps anymore and let me tell you, I am always worn out when it comes time to go to bed, or time to wake up. Half the time, even though I'm exhausted and I'm ready to go to sleep I can't. My head will hit the pillow and my body is suddenly awake enough that I can't fall asleep. So around 9:30 or so, I got up and got Michael out of bed, changed him and took him to bed with me. It was about time for Mike and I to get up and get going today, and what better way to wake someone up than with a cute, happy, hyper little boy to whack you in the face as he squeals with glee because hitting your face is a fun game.

 We played with Michael in bed for a little bit, then we got up and ate waffles, and Michael had some cinnamon and sugar toast. He ate the whole slice, which I was hoping he would if I put something good on it. Then, we got ready to go, and we left to go get our Marriage License.

 When we got there, I told the lady at the counter why we were there and she told us that they didn't take walk-ins from 11am to 2pm, but they did from before 11 and after 2 to a certain time. It was 11:54 already so we had about 2 hours to wait. She told us we could go ahead and fill out the application on the computer and then it would be easier when we came back. So, I filled it out, which took all of 5 minutes and we left to go get lunch.

 When we had got off the freeway I had seen a place that Dad and I used to eat, Surfer Joe's. They have sandwiches and pizza, but we always got sandwiches. I remember them being really good to eat at so we went to get sandwiches. We were about to go in the door when I noticed a sign saying that their card machine was down and they could only take cash. I had a little bit of cash on me, but not enough for lunch, so we hopped back in the car and drove around looking for something to eat.

 We had originally planned on taking Michael to the park today after getting our license, but it was rainy and wet. Still on the search for a place to eat, we say Chuck E. Cheese and decided we should take Michael there while we waited for 2 hours. We walked in and wondered if we were going to get any help, and we finally did. We ordered a meal of pizza, 2 drinks and some tokens. I have a few pictures on my phone of Michael riding some of the kiddie rides and having fun. He got to ride some of the rides before we ate, and he hardly ate any pizza he was so busy looking at everything. After Mike and I had our fill we got up and took him around to ride on the rides again and again before we played some games. Mike's game H2Overdrive, which he worked on, was there. I was sad that they only had one unit so we couldn't race, but you know, it's okay because we couldn't have watched Michael if we were both playing the game.

 Michael climbed up to the glass on the Skee Ball machines and I had to start one of the games next to him so I could lure him back with the balls. It worked, although he was mad at me for rolling the balls up into the game and then making him get down. I worked on getting some tickets and Mike got some too. At the end, I spent the last tokens quickly earning 3-4 tickets every time while Michael rode the rides one more time. While I cleaned up the table, I had Mike take Michael up to the prize wall. I put the tickets on the counter when I got up there and was told I had to put it in the ticket eater to find out how many we had. I did so on my knees as it's meant for little kids to do. We had 99 tickets, and when I came back to the counter, Michael had been after a couple of Chuck E. Cheese dolls that were within reach. They cost 800 tickets, but you could buy the prizes with money. 1 ticket = $.01 and I figured we could get Michael some little tiny plastic toy that would be lost as soon as we were in the parking lot, or I could cough up the couple dollars and get him that toy that he wanted, and we'd have an easier time of leaving the building without a loud, limp baby fit. He was very excited to have the toy, and very upset to be put back in the car.

 We got back to the Hall of Records and told the new lady at the counter why we were there and that we had already filled out the application. She told us we weren't supposed to fill it out yet and that no walk-ins at that time meant no walk-ins, which included the application. We told her that we were told to, but she shook her head no. She signed us in and told us to watch the screens and we would be called up. So, we went and found a place to sit and waited to be called up. I had to go to the atm out in the hall to get cash since they don't take visa cards, but made it back inside before they called us up. When we got up there, she had our application and asked for our ID's. It was quick and simple to do and then we left to go to the mall.

 Michael fell asleep on the way to the mall, and we got him some milk while we were there, but he didn't drink it. He'd suck up a mouthful through the straw and then he'd open his mouth to let it fall out of his mouth all over him. Needless to say we stopped giving him milk. We went to Things Remembered and looked at Toasting Flutes and Serving Sets for our wedding and found some we liked. We were going to get them engraved when we saw a logo we liked and the lady told us (after filling everything out) that there was a $50 logo set up for the engravings. I guess they have to send in the information and someone sends back the logo design just for you so it can be engraved. She then told me that if we spent a total of $150 (which was $60 more than what we were spending without the engraving which didn't count towards this cost) that we wouldn't have to pay that $50 fee.

 Spend $60 and get extra items, or spend $50 just for a logo.... I got Mike who had gone to sit outside of the store with Michael and we looked around for some other items. We chose a Marriage License holder, because knowing me I'll put the license somewhere safe and never see it again, because I figured it'd be nice to always know where it was. Then we looked around and found a pen holder with 2 pens in it, and we chose that to go with the "guest book" which will be a picture frame where guests can write their messages for us and it can be on display rather than having to dig out a book. So, I went back to get those and decided to have them engraved with the logo as well.

 She then asked me if I'd like to join the Rewards Club. It was a $5 lifetime fee and for every $50 I spent today I would get $10 back, plus some other bonuses that earned me a total of $50 back. So of course I did that, I mean heck, why not? $45 back isn't bad.

 We came home and watched some shows and relaxed the rest of the evening, and Michael played for a little bit before I put him down for a nap which he never got back up from. He had a long eventful day and now I know that I'm going to be up super early in the morning because of him going to bed at a very early hour.

 Also, today, I felt pretty good! My tummy was upset once in a while, but really nothing bad and my legs hurt a bit here and there along with my back, but really nothing to complain about today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment