Monday, May 9, 2011

Lazy Day and Mother's Day

 Today is just another lazy day. I've been getting stuff for the wedding together (the little that I actually have to do, compared to what they do for me) and we bought Mike's suit and Michael's little tuxedo/suit too the other day. Way cute!

 Today I woke up to Michael jabbering at Mike and I. Even though I was exhausted still, I climbed out of bed, got dressed and grabbed my talkative little boy. We played in the living room, and I ate chips and dip from my leftover Mothers Day lunch yesterday.

 Mother's Day. My second one so far. Mike took me out to eat at Chili's and we ordered appetizers. Mike only ever wants the Southwest Eggrolls for an appetizer and I really can't blame him. I asked if we could order chips and dip too though because they were so cheap. The salt in them sounded good. So, we got two appetizers (a first for not going out with a huge group!) and I ate some of the chips and one eggroll. Since we were out for lunch (avoiding crowded dinners) I got a turkey sandwich which sounded amazing, and Mike got a grilled chicken sandwich. Michael got to have a corn dog, which he ate almost the whole thing!

 When our food arrived, I ate a fry or two. I kept looking at the sandwich, fantasizing about how good it must taste, but unable to bring myself to taste it. I finally did taste it after a couple of more ketchup and fries. (Mmm salty....) One bite was all I had. I almost couldn't swallow it. For some reason it was too much of a "bad" flavor. My stomach was flipping and it just didn't taste right while my tummy was upset. Sad, I put it down and continued to eat my fries. Mike and Michael finished, and I asked for two boxes. One for my sandwich, and one for the chips and dip. I had a great time though despite not being able to eat the main part of my meal.

 So this morning when I got out of bed and wasn't feeling well I knew I had to put something in my stomach and those leftover chips sounded great. I sat down and ate quite a few while Michael ate a banana. My stomach still wasn't happy, but at least now it had something in it. Mike got up and told me he was going to take a shower. A couple minutes later I let Michael through the gate to the rest of the house and he went straight for the bathroom door where Mike was. Mike was just starting the shower up and Michael was so excited he almost climbed in fully clothed. So the two of us managed to get his clothes off of him and let him in the shower.

 I joined the two of them in the shower as well, until Michael decided he was ready to get out. I grabbed my towel and got a bit dry, then grabbed Michael in his towel and went over to my bed. I dried him off and then set him in his pack n play. It was cute because instead of fussing or crying because I pinned him up, he was cuddling with his towel, and just sat there wrapped up in it. It's the first time I've seen him enjoy being dried off. I quickly finished drying myself off and got dressed. Then I grabbed him and took him to put a diaper on before he had a naked accident. 

 I set him down on the changing table and knew that I had to hurry up and get him changed. I had been dumping his diapers in an empty box at the end of the changing table because it was really easy, and the box needed to be taken to the dumpster anyway. (We have a diaper pail, but it sometimes takes a lot of force to close) The smell of a poopy diaper from earlier was wafting up into my nose. It hit me hard and my body jerked.  I rushed to put Michael's diaper on as my body retched again. I gagged as I retched a third time and finished putting Michael's diaper on. I swung him into his crib as fast as I could. I turned around as my body retched again, once more before I got out the door, only this time I had to have my hand over my mouth because it was full. I barely made it into the bathroom as my body gave in. Once again, I was worshiping the porcelain throne. Tomorrow I am thirteen weeks pregnant and will be in the second trimester. So much for it easing up by then.

 Mike had just finished getting out of the shower when he heard me in the bathroom, he called out and asked me if I was okay, but there was no possible way for me to answer that. He came to the bathroom and asked if I needed water, I managed a yes and he was gone. He was back in a couple moments and I tried to reach the toilet paper, but asked him for some. He told me it was right in front of me thinking I was still searching for it, but I had snot a mile long coming out of my nose and couldn't lift my head. He tore me some tissue as I stayed bent over the toilet ready for whatever my body was going to throw at me. Luckily, I was done. He rubbed my back for a moment and then went to either finish getting dressed or I don't know what. I told him he'd probably have to fix Michael's diaper as it was put on in a hurry. I swished with water and stood up. That's right, I asked Mikey to take the diapers out since that was what got me. He did that as I went and brushed my teeth.

 I was finished before he got back up, so I went to get Michael. I laid him down in the crib and fixed his diaper then we went into the living room so he could play and I could rest. Mike came back in and started making lunch (leftover spaghetti that he had made last night). As Michael was playing, I noticed that I hadn't fixed his diaper like I thought I had. He had a diaper wedgie like none I've ever seen. An entire left butt cheek was hanging out of his diaper and so I got down on the floor and crawled over to him to fix it before he pooped and it exploded everywhere. I fixed it and wanted to cry. I had poop up under my fingernails, because magically, he had pooped in the last five minutes and not got it everywhere. I went and washed my hands extremely well, trying not to cry. Then I grabbed Michael and changed him again. When I got into the living room and had sat down I noticed I'd done it again. Michael once again had a diaper wedgie from hell.

 Mike had just made him a jelly sandwich though and as he gave it to him, he was able to fix the diaper. Mike and I ate and watched The Prince of Persia. Which we enjoyed. Now Mike is at work and Michael is passed out. A bit ago he stirred and talked in his sleep which was really cute. Next year, I will have two little ones on Mother's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment