Thursday, August 25, 2011

Full and Leaky

 Last pregnancy I started having leaky boobies at 20 weeks. This time, I got an extra 5 weeks before I started. For the last three weeks I have had just a couple of drops here and there appear on my clothing from where my breasts are readying themselves for Jace's arrival.

 I've also noticed that they are heavier and often I get a cold feeling, which makes me wonder if they are leaking. Usually they aren't yet, but later I'll find a drop or two of wetness on my shirt. Today however, my nipples were sensitive and sore. I lifted up my nightgown (which I wore half the day) and checked to make sure I was okay. Everything looked fine so I rubbed my hand down the sore area from the outer part of my breast toward the nipple and what do you know, colostrum! I was able to do it multiple times, which I did hoping to relieve some of the pressure and pain that I was starting to feel. I showed Mike, and he told me I should go buy the pump I was wanting so I could pump and relieve the pain. I thought of it for a moment, but couldn't figure out why I didn't want to, aside from the fact that I don't want to store colostrum. Then I remembered that nipple stimulation is supposed to help bring on labor and I really don't want to go into preterm labor just because I'm relieving some pressure from my boobs. How lame would that be?

So I guess I just now get to deal with leaky boobies and nipple pads for the rest of the pregnancy. I'll try a warm washcloth if they get sore again and see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment