Saturday, July 2, 2011

Movement

 I don't think I've wrote about movement yet.

 Early just before Second Trimester I swore I felt movement. It was extremely low down and felt like something "rolling." Whether or not that was baby, I don't know. It only happened at night when I was laying down on my side. I never felt it at any other time.

 Then, on the day of my wedding at 15/16 weeks I was sitting down outside and thought I felt a jab from the baby. It surprised me, and again I thought it was baby, but I wasn't sure. Later that evening, as Mike and I sat on the bed at the hotel watching documentaries on the tsunami in Japan and eating pizza I felt the same jab a couple times again. I decided it must be baby.

 Now that I'm 20 weeks, I feel baby a lot more. It's different and very subtle, but I'm sure it's baby because of how often I feel it. I always feel it best when I'm sitting or laying. I'm enjoying the movement though, and I can't wait for it to get stronger. The movement was one of my favorite parts with Michael.

Speaking of Michael, he just woke up from a nap, then laid right back down. He is so tall it's ridiculous. Mike and I went to the DMV yesterday to get his drivers license, but he couldn't take it because both of my front blinkers were out. I got that fixed today though for $6. So, being that we were there at 8am and I hadn't eaten I took him to Denny's.

 We sat down and not long after a family was sat down at the booth across from us with a young boy in a highchair as well. I asked them how old he was at one point and to my surprise he was 13 months. Michael is 14 months. He was quite a bit smaller than Michael, and the lady freaked out because she was feeding him some of her soup and he got a small piece of chicken. Michael has been eating solids for so long, and was eating a sausage link by himself at that moment. My biggest surprise was when we were leaving though. I knew that he was smaller, but as I was paying and they came up to the register, the boy was literally half Michael's size.

 I know that not all kids grow up at the same rate, and I'm not trying to be rude if anyone thinks I am. I'm just sad at how fast my little boy is growing up. I mean the other day we were at Radioshack while Mike was working and there was a 2 year old boy there with his dad. I let Michael run around as the store was full of friends and he made friends with the 2 year old. They were the same height and the other little boy didn't talk much more than Michael did. The one thing that I did notice was he understood a lot more, which I'd expected. It was adorable when Michael was getting into something he wasn't supposed to and the other little boy would move Michael's hand away, especially if I said, "No" to Michael before that.

I also learned that Michael is a little sweetie when it comes to other kids, because he kept trying to hug the little boy. The little boy was okay with it, but got scared because Michael would move his head in close and it looked like he was going to bang heads with the other kid, even though he was being sweet. I've seen him hug other little kids too. I love my little guy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment